Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe In The Air Fryer is amazing! It is so good, you will not believe it until you have a slice.
This has quickly become one of our family’s favorite Copycat Recipes, made with nothing but a few pantry items, and a lot of fresh vegetables, you can literally make this any night of the week.
So, if you are a huge fan of Taco Bell, this is one of the best Copycat Recipes, the pizza is crunchy and it’s delicious!
If you do not like the Taco Bell Version, try this one it is so good, you will not believe that you made it, it’s that good!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Copycat Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER COPYCAT KRISPY KREME DONUTS, AIR FRYER COPYCAT DOUBLETREE COOKIES, AIR FRYER COPYCAT HOSTESS CUPCAKES, and AIR FRYER COPYCAT MCDONALD’S FILET-O-FISH.
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe
If you have not had the version at Taco Bell of this recipe, it has been discontinued. But there has been talking about returning the loved Mexican Pizza.
Made with ground beef, refried beans, tortillas, and fresh vegetables. Served with a smear of sour cream on top, and some sliced tomatoes and green onions.
It’s all of the Mexican Pizza Flavors in each slice!
Ingredients Needed In Air Fryer Mexican Pizza
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Taco Sauce
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Refried Beans
- Mexican Cheese
- Green Onions
- Optional Toppings: Sour Cream, Guacamole, Salsa, etc.
How To Make Air Fryer Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Start by browning your meat, you can either do this in the air fryer or in a skillet. Today, I chose the skillet. Once the meat is fully brown, add the taco sauce, water, and taco seasoning. Mix well, then return to the burner, and simmer for about 4 minutes, until everything is warm.
Spray your air fryer tray or basket with cooking spray. Then place a tortilla down. (If you have a smaller air fryer or a basket air fryer, you can still make this, just use the smaller tortillas)
Spread the refried beans on top of the tortilla. Then spoon on the taco meat. Spread both the refried beans and taco meat, so they cover the entire tortilla. Then place another tortilla directly on the refried and taco meat, pressing to seal it. Spread some taco sauce on, so it covers the top shell, and then sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
Place in the air fryer basket or oven, and set the temperature to 300 degrees F, for 5 minutes, air fryer setting. Garnish with chopped tomatoes, scallions, sour cream, olives, etc.
Does the Mexican pizza have meat?
Yes, the copycat version has a generous amount of ground beef, in the pizza.
But if you want to make this vegetarian, just double up on the refried beans, and it will still be protein-packed.
How much is a Taco Bell Mexican Pizza?
This pizza used to retail for about $4 dollars, depending on where you live, but the pizza has been currently discontinued.
You can make the same pizza for about the same amount. Depending on what ingredients you choose to use, and where you live.
What is the Mexican pizza sauce at Taco Bell?
While most people always are asking what the sauce is, it’s really a combination of pizza sauce and salsa.
It’s a zesty and delicious sauce, today I used taco sauce, which is readily available, wherever you live.
Why did Taco Bell discontinue the Mexican pizza?
The Taco Bell Pizza was discontinued for a number of reasons, one of the most was the packaging.
The packaging was so large, because of the size of the pizza.
How to serve
This is a great snack or you can serve it as part of Taco Tuesday, along with a bunch of chips and salsa.
This makes a great and kid-friendly meal and a great appetizer for your next get-together!
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe In The Air Fryer
Here is how to make the Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza in your very own home. For any air fryer smaller than the Omni, just substitute the large tortillas for small ones. This will work for the basket air fryers as well.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 ounces taco sauce (this is for the taco meat, you will use another 8 ounces during the pizza assembling.)
- 1 package large flour tortillas (substitute for smaller ones, if using a smaller or basket air fryer)
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 8 ounces of taco sauce
- 3 cups Taco Cheese (or Mexican cheese)
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 cup olives
- sour cream, guacamole, etc.
- Start by browning your meat; you can either do this in the air fryer or a skillet. Today, I chose the skillet.
- Once the meat is fully brown, add the taco sauce, water, and taco seasoning. Mix well, then return to the burner, and simmer for about 4 minutes, until everything is warm.
- Spray your air fryer tray with olive oil. Then place a tortilla down. (If you have a smaller air fryer or a basket air fryer, you can still make this, use the smaller tortillas)
- Spread the refried beans on top of the tortilla.
- Then spoon on the taco meat. Spread both the refried beans and taco meat so they cover the entire tortilla.
- Then place another tortilla directly on the refried and taco meat, pressing to seal it.
- Spread some taco sauce on, covering the top shell, and then sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Place in the air fryer basket or oven, and set the temperature to 300 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, scallions, sour cream, olives, etc.
Plate, serve and enjoy!