Publix’s fried chicken stands out as a Publix Fried Chicken Recipe fast food industry standout because of its superior flavor, tenderness, and overall freshness. This coating will blow your mind since it is crispy, juicy, and golden brown without any greasy aftertaste. It comes with a side salad or dessert of your choosing and is baked in a seasoned crumb for taste without guilt. You can eat this fried chicken whenever you want. It’s fantastic for any meal of the day, and it has a special way of drawing people together via its scrumptious aroma and flavor. Fried chicken from Publix is one of those dishes that will never go out of style.
You should try it now.
The History of Publix Fried Chicken Recipe
As the story goes, in the 1980s, a Publix deli worker called Dwayne Chambers had an idea that would eventually become the famous Publix fried chicken.
Formerly a chef at a restaurant, he spent hours perfecting his fried chicken recipe by trying out numerous spice combinations, breeding methods, and cooking timings.
After a month of development and testing, Dwayne presented his product to Publix management, who were enthusiastic about it and agreed to roll out a trial in the Orlando stores.
The results were immediate and impressive.
People liked the chicken so much that they started requesting it at other Publix locations.
All of our locations now carry the famous Publix Fried Chicken.
How to Make Publix Fried Chicken
Authentic Southern fried chicken is a culinary staple.
The crust is the key to this recipe for perfect fried chicken.
The chicken’s crust is so crunchy and crispy that it will fulfill your fried chicken desire.
The chicken is wonderful, and the additional kick of spice makes you want more and more.
●3 pounds of chicken pieces (thighs, legs, breasts, and wings)
●1 cup buttermilk
●Two teaspoons of hot sauce
●3 cups all-purpose flour
●One large egg
●1 tablespoon of kosher Salone
●1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
●1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
●Two teaspoons paprika
●Neutral oil for frying (vegetable, canola, and peanut are all excellent options)
- Gather the ingredients—Preheat the fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the buttermilk and egg in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper in another shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the buttermilk mixture and dredge in the seasoned flour mixture. Repeat this process with all chicken pieces until they coat with breading.
- Place breaded chicken pieces on a baking sheet in a single layer and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let the bread set.
- Fry chicken in batches until golden brown, about 10 minutes per batch.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
How to Store Publix Fried Chicken
Chicken that has been fried and will be consumed within two hours is OK to leave at room temperature Publix Fried Chicken Recipe.
Fried chicken with a crispy skin may lose its crunch if stored in the fridge.
A 200 F oven is perfect for keeping fried chicken warm for a crowd (95 degrees Celsius).
Storing for a short time
Refrigerating Publix fried chicken in airtight containers or wrapping it firmly in heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic wrap can extend its shelf life.
Fried chicken will keep in the fridge for about 3-4 days if refrigerated properly.
Storing for a long time
If you’re planning on freezing fried chicken but didn’t do it immediately after cooking, let it cool completely before storing it in the freezer.
Cooling down food will help prevent bacteria from growing on your food before it’s frozen solid.
If you’re going to freeze fried chicken, wrap each piece individually with plastic or aluminum foil, and squeeze out any excess air from the packaging before sealing it.
How to reheat frozen Publix fried chicken
Publix fried chicken that has been frozen may be reheated in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit on a baking sheet coated with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat.
If you must use the microwave, cook the food separately at 50 percent power until it is hot.
Why Publix Fried Chicken is a Fan Favorite
One of the most iconic meals of Southern cuisine, fried chicken, may be prepared in a variety of ways.
Simple and traditional recipes sit alongside more out-there takes on international cuisine.
The advantages it offers include the following:
It’s adaptable and may be used in many different situations.
There really isn’t a more flexible meal than fried chicken.
Fried chicken is perfect for every occasion, whether it’s a casual family meal, a picnic, a block party, or a formal banquet.
It’s great for breakfast, lunch, supper, or a midnight snack.
Publix’s fried chicken, for example, is widely acknowledged to be delicious.
The combination of saltiness, crispiness, and moistness in the skin is unparalleled.
It’s got just the right amount of crunch, juicyness, saltiness, and sweetness.
There is some leeway in the way you prepare meals using it.
Fried chicken comes in a wide array of forms, from wings to thighs, breasts, and legs.
It’s deep-fried or shallow-fried, with the chicken coated in flour, batter, or crumbs.
If you like crispy food and aren’t squeamish about picking meat off of bones, fried chicken will probably become one of your favorite dishes.
Tips for Making the Best Publix Fried Chicken
Publix fried chicken is pretty easy to make, but there are a few things you should keep in mind to make it even better.
- Start with good ingredients- When cooking anything, you should use the best ingredients you can afford.
The quality of your chicken matters. If you can buy organic or local, do it. It’ll be worth it!
2. Use quality oil for frying- Peanut oil, lard, or vegetable shortening are your best options for frying because they have high smoke points and can withstand high temperatures.
3. Season your flour mixture correctly- Salt and pepper are obvious choices but consider garlic powder or onion powder.
Anything that goes well with chicken will go well in your flour mixture.
4. Make sure you have the right temperature before frying- It’s important to check the temperature of the oil before putting anything in it to ensure that it gets cooked all the way through and doesn’t get soggy from too low heat or burnt from too high heat.
5. Don’t overcrowd your pan when frying- Too much food at once will lower your oil temperature and result in undercooking.
Publix Fried Chicken Serving Options
- The crunchy, tender, juicy meat makes it the go-to comfort food with mass appeal.
- While figuring out what to serve with fried chicken, consider some of the following ideas.
- Biscuits- While the recipes vary by region, biscuits are a side dish that often accompanies fried chicken.
- They can be served plain, with butter or gravy on top.
- Coleslaw- Straightforward and refreshing, coleslaw is a classic Southern side dish that can cut through the richness of deep-fried food or soak up some of that excess grease.
- It’s also a great way to serve up some raw vegetables alongside your meal.
- Cornbread- Cornbread is another classic southern bread made from cornmeal and baked in a skillet.
- It’s a hit when served along with the public fried chicken.
- Cornbread is also great for mopping up extra gravy.
- Mashed potatoes and gravy- If you’re looking for starch with your Publix fried chicken, mashed potatoes are always good.
- Pour some sauce over them for extra flavor.
- Macaroni and cheese- Add goodness with this decadent dish that is perfect for Publix fried chicken since it has that same rich texture but a different flavor profile (not to mention the cheese is just plain delicious).
●Protein is the most abundant nutrient in chicken which plays many vital roles in your body, including building and repairing tissues and producing hormones. A high-protein diet may help with weight loss by reducing ghrelin levels, a hormone that increases appetite.
●Eating chicken is healthy because it contains vitamin B6 and B12, which help maintain healthy red blood cells, and nervous systems and keeps your metabolism running smoothly.
●Adding chicken to your meals provides plenty of vitamin B3 (niacin), which helps your body release energy and is crucial in converting food into energy.
●Chicken is an excellent source of iron that helps your body deliver oxygen to all its cells and keeps its immune system healthy.
Hopefully, you have enjoyed our guide to public fried chicken Publix Fried Chicken Recipe. There is a reason why fried chicken has been one of the most popular fast foods for generations. It’s great! To make fried chicken properly, you need to follow a recipe that will give you a heavenly outcome.