Healthy and delicious, this Hidden Valley Ranch Dip With Greek Yogurt Recipe is just begging to be ranchology recipes spread on a sandwich or dipped into with some chips and vegetables. Say buh-bye fatty ranch dressing that negates every salad it touches.
For the same reasons I mentioned when I first posted this Roasted Red Pepper Parmesan Dip, I’m always wary of dips that claim to be “slim.” When given the choice between the actual thing and a low-fat dip that doesn’t cut it, I’d much rather have less of the real thing.
Thankfully, the tempting garlic, onion, and dill spices that form a traditional ranch taste can be subtly transported in a healthy manner over a thick, dreamy foundation of plain Greek yogurt.
Ben, who views veggies the same way most people do cough medicine — as a necessary evil, devoured a large portion of this Greek yogurt dip with carrots before I had even begun taking pictures.
How to Make Hidden Valley Ranch Dip With Greek Yogurt Recipe, Ranchology Recipes
This ranch-style dip can be made with only a cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt and some dried herbs and spices you probably already have on hand.
- Greek Yogurt. Packed with protein, one of my favorite ways to use non-fat plain Greek yogurt is to turn it into a healthy Greek yogurt dip or sauce. It’s the best “skinny” swap for sour cream which is commonly used in other dip recipes.
If you don’t have non-fat Greek yogurt on hand, readers have reported success making this recipe with traditional plain yogurt also. The consistency will be a bit thinner, but it will still taste great!
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder. Lends some zip and a little bite to the dip.
- Dill and Chives. Brings color, freshness and that signature ranch flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce. Adds saltiness and crave-able, savory therefore umami flavor to the dip.
- Cayenne Pepper. Just a pinch of this spice goes a long way in adding a touch of heat to this cooling dip.
If you are really in a big hurry, you can of course always turn to a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix. Mix a few teaspoons into Greek yogurt and you are good to go.
(That said, I love this healthy homemade herb and spice blend though because it cuts down the sodium substantially from what is typically found in the Hidden Valley packets.
- Gather ingredients.
- Combine everything together into a bowl.
- Stir until blended and garnish with fresh chives. ENJOY!
Serve this ranch Greek yogurt dip for veggies, chips and more.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to enjoy this healthy, low-calorie dip:
- As a dip with Baked French Fries or Sweet Potato Fries.
- Spread on a Pulled Chicken Sandwich or Avocado Chicken Burger.
- Dolloped between layers of bacon and tomato on a Classic BLT.
- Serve alongside a platter of Grilled Portobello Mushrooms.
- To Store. Refrigerate leftover ranch-style greek yogurt dip in an airtight container for up to three days.