Whatever the weather, Hellofresh Shepherd’s Pie Recipe we feel that nothing beats homely, comfortable classics that warm you from the inside out. Look no further if you completely agree! Enter our chefs’ homage to the traditional shepherd’s pie. The basis is a delicious, tomatoey beef filling with fresh vegetables and herbs. Swoops of creamy, thyme-flecked mashed potatoes are layered on top, then broiled to produce an irresistibly cheesy crust. It all bakes in one dish, may therefore ing it convenient as well as… well, you know Hellofresh Shepherd’s Pie Recipe!
serving amount: 4
- 32 ounce Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 5 ounce Celery
- ¼ ounce Thyme
- 4 tablespoon Sour Cream(ContainsMilk)
- 13.76 ounce Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon Flour(ContainsWheat)
- 1 cup White Cheddar Cheese(ContainsMilk)
- 6 ounce Carrot
- 1 unit Yellow Onion
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 20 ounce Ground Beef
- 4 unit Beef Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery Hellofresh Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 3 tablespoon Butter(ContainsMilk)
- Kosher Salt Pepper
Instructions for Hellofresh Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
• Heat broiler to high. Wash and dry produce. • Hellofresh Shepherd’s Pie Recipe Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Strip thyme leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves. Hellofresh Shepherd’s Pie Recipe Trim, peel, and halve carrot lengthwise; slice crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Finely dice celery. Halve, peel, and finely chop onion.
• Place potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to pot. • Mash potatoes with sour cream, 1 tsp chopped thyme, and 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of water as needed. Season generously with salt and pepper. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While potatoes cook, heat a drizzle of oil in a medium, preferably ovenproof, pan (use a large pan for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add carrot; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. • Add celery, onion, and a large drizzle of oil; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until veggies are just tender, 5-7 minutes. TIP: If veggies begin to brown too quickly, add a splash of water. • Stir in garlic powder and 2 tsp chopped thyme; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
• Add beef* to the pan with veggies and season therefore with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, Hellofresh Shepherd’s Pie Recipe until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Add flour; cook, stirring, until thoroughly combined, 1 minute.
• Add half the crushed tomatoes therefore (all for 4 servings) and ½ cup water (¾ cup for 4) into pan with beef mixture. • Stir in stock concentrates and bring to a boil. Cook until mixture is very thick, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat. • Therefore Taste and season with salt and pepper. TIP: If your pan isn’t ovenproof, transfer mixture now to a baking dish.
• Top beef filling with an even layer of mashed potatoes, therefore leaving a gap around edge of pan. Evenly sprinkle with cheddar. • Broil until browned, 3-4 minutes. TIP: Watch carefully therefore to avoid burning. • Serve directly from pan.