This craggy, crispy, somewhat spicy fried chicken with spicy honey is the ultimate comfort meal! This recipe prepares the chicken in strips for simple snacking, but you can simply adjust for whole pieces or even smaller for spicy chicken nuggets! Hello Fresh Beef Flautas Supreme Recipe.
- 1 unit Yellow Onion
- 20 ounce Ground Beef
- 2 unit Tex-Mex Paste
- 2 tablespoon Southwest Spice Blend
- 12 unit Flour Tortillas(ContainsWheat, Soy)
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese Blend(ContainsMilk)
- 1 unit Lime
- 2 unit Roma Tomato
- 8 tablespoon Sour Cream(ContainsMilk)
Not included in your delivery
- 2 teaspoon Cooking Oil
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush with oil or coat with nonstick spray. Wash and dry all produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 1 TBSP (2 TBSP for 4 servings).
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion; cook for 3 minutes. • Add beef* and Southwest Spice; cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until beef is browned and onion is softened, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in Tex-Mex paste and 1⁄3 cup water (½ cup for 4 servings). Simmer until mixture is thickened and beef is cooked through, 2-4 minutes more. Turn off heat.
• Meanwhile, drizzle tortillas with 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4 servings); brush or rub to completely coat. • Place tortillas on a clean work surface. Once beef filling is done, add a heaping ¼ cup filling to one side of each tortilla, then sprinkle each with 1 TBSP Mexican cheese. Roll up tortillas, starting with filled sides, to create flautas. Place seam sides down on prepared sheet. TIP: Make sure the flautas are snug on the sheet—this will prevent them from unrolling. • Bake on middle rack until golden brown and crispy, 8-12 minutes.
• While flautas bake, finely dice tomato. Zest and quarter lime. In a small bowl, combine tomato, minced onion, half the lime zest, and a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt. • In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream, remaining lime zest, and a squeeze of lime juice. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt. • Divide flautas between plates. Top with pico de gallo and lime crema. Serve Hello Fresh Beef Flautas Supreme Recipe.